Jay Mason is a native of Frederick County. He graduated from TJ High School in 1991. He completed his undergraduate studies at Shepherd University in 2008, where he was also a 3-year starter as a Quarterback and Captain of the football team from 1992-1994. Jay has been a licensed Realtor since 2004. In 2011, Jay completed his graduate work at Frostburg University with a Master’s of Arts in Teaching. He is currently an Associate Broker with Frederick Land & Home. Jay was elected to the Frederick County Board of Education in 2018 and was elected by his colleagues to be the Vice President for the calendar year of 2020. He also serves on the boards for Habitat for Humanity of Frederick County (President), the Rotary Club of Frederick and Eliminating Achievement Gaps (EAG). Jay completed the Maryland Association of Realtors Leadership Academy in the spring of 2016.
Jay’s past roles serving the Frederick community are:
- Frederick County Executive’s Education Leadership Team
- Frederick County Executive’s Livable Frederick Steering Committee
- FCPS Superintendent’s Advisory Council
- FCPS Strategic Plan Steering committee
- Frederick County Affordable Housing Council (AHC)
- Student Homelessness Initiative Partnership (SHIP) Board
- United Way of Frederick County Board
- Boys and Girls Club of Frederick County Board
- Frederick County Association of Realtors (FCAR) YPN
Jay and his wife, Beth, reside in Frederick with their three children.